Makes: 1 loaf
Equipment: baking tray, lined with parchment
Oven: 200˚C, Fan 180˚C, Gas 7
Bake: 80-85 minutes
1. Pre-heat the oven.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and the grated orange rind into a large bowl and blend them together.
3. Add the yogurt, orange juice and honey stirring well to mix.
4. Use your hands to bring together a soft ball of dough before moulding it into a 25cm/10” oval shape.
5. Place the loaf on your prepared baking tray.
6. Dust the top with flour and using a sharp knife make diagonal cuts across the top of the loaf. Then repeat the cuts in the opposite direction to form a hedgehog pattern.
7. Bake for 80-85 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and wrap the bread in a clean tea towel while it cools.
Temperature & cooking time:
200˚C, Fan 180˚C, Gas 7